If you’re looking for a more muted and refreshing taste out of tea, then knowing how to cold brew tea is the way for you. When we boil tea, most of the tangier and bitter flavors come out of the grains, and the same goes for coffee.
On the other hand, when the tea is cold brewed, the taste is subtler and more refreshing. Let’s take a look at how to cold brew tea.
How to Cold Brew Tea?
Here are the steps that you need to follow if you want to cold brew tea:
- 1 teaspoon of tea leaf grain or 1 tea bag is necessary for preparing one cup of tea. If you want a lighter brew, pour 8 cups of water into it, and for a stronger brew, use 6 cups of water.
- Use add-ons as you please. You can use a sweetener, mint leaves, lemon, or an orange.
- If you’re using free tea leaves, you need to pour them into a pitcher directly. On the other hand, if you’re using tea bags, you can either use them by putting the entire bag in, or by cutting off the edge of the bag and pouring the grains in. Either will work just fine. You need to add six to eight cups of water to it. If you need a stronger brew, add six cups of water. If you want a light brew, add eight cups. You can pour water at either room temperature or you can use cold water.
- Once all this is done, you need to cover the pitcher with a lid. Then, put it inside a refrigerator for beginning the process. If you’re using green tea leaves or white tea leaves, then you need to keep the pitcher in the fridge for six to eight hours. On the other hand, if you’re using black tea or light oolong tea, then you need to refrigerate them for eight to twelve hours.
- Remove the pitcher from the refrigerator after this time and use a fine-mesh sieve while pouring the tea to separate the tea leaves from the drink. If you’ve put tea bags inside, then you can simply remove them. This is one of the reasons we recommend using tea bags. They can reduce your workload by a great degree.
- You have your cold-brewed tea. You can add anything to it to enhance its flavor to your liking. If you keep it covered and in the refrigerator, you’ll be able to use it for up to five days.
There are many add-ons to choose from. You can use sugar, lemon, mint, orange, or anything that can make it taste better for you. If you don’t want to use sugar, you can always use honey or liquid stevia.
Now that you know how to cold brew tea, you’ll finally be able to enjoy that cold refreshing tea you’ve been waiting for